Shave 4 McRib® Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") "Official Rules"
importantNo Purchase Is Necessary To Enter Or Win A Prize. A Purchase Will Not Improve Your Chances Of Winning. Void Where Prohibited By Law. end of important
importantA valid Twitter or Instagram account and internet access are required to participate. By making an "Entry Post" or "Entry Tweet" as defined below, you grant the Sweepstakes Entities (defined below) the rights to use your Photo (defined below), including in advertising and marketing, as more fully set forth below. end of important
importantBy participating, you (and any minor participant's parent or legal guardian for himself or herself and on behalf of the minor) agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the Sponsor (defined below) from you and a limitation of your rights and remedies. As more fully detailed below, you agree that all disputes associated with this Sweepstakes will be decided by binding arbitration (refer to Rule 10). end of important
McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Sponsor") is offering this Sweepstakes in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (the "Territory"). This Sweepstakes begins at 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Monday, November 30, 2020, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 2, 2020, or once 10,000 eligible entries are received, whichever occurs first (the "Entry Period"). To enter, eligible Participants (defined below) must post a photograph of their clean-shaven face or other eligible subject matter (the "Photo") and the Required Tags (defined below) during the Entry Period on Twitter or Instagram, subject to Twitter Terms or Instagram Terms as well as Entry Content Restrictions found in Rule 4 below. See Rule 3 for important information about content of the Photos. The first 10,000 entries posted during the Entry Period to Instagram or Twitter including the Photo and tags @McDonalds and #Shave4McRibSweepstakes (collectively, the "Required Tags") will be eligible for a $15 Uber Eats Code for a free McRib (while supplies last) or other item via McDelivery on Uber Eats. See Rule 6, below, for complete prize details.
There is a limit of one entry per person per social-media platform for the entire Entry Period. See Rule 3 below for additional entry details. Void where prohibited. The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules, available at www.Shave4McRib.com.
Who Is Eligible To Enter/Win.
The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are residents of the Territory and who are eighteen years of age or older at the time of participation. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: any person who on or after July 1, 2020, was or is:
- a McDonald's restaurant franchise owner or a director, officer, employee, agent or independent contractor of a McDonald's franchise restaurant;
- a director, officer, employee or agent of McDonald's USA, LLC, its parent company or their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies or service agencies;
- a director, officer, employee, agent or independent contractor of any entity engaged in the development, production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials or prize or of any entities retained by Sponsor or its agencies to assist in any way with the administration or advertisement of the Sweepstakes;
- an immediate family member (defined as spouse, IRS dependent, or biological, foster, in-law, adoptive or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son) of, or anyone who resides in the same household as, any person in any of the preceding categories.
An eligible individual who attempts to enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period is hereafter referred to as a participant ("Participant"). Each Participant, and their parent or legal guardian if the Participant is an eligible minor, unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules.
How To Enter The Sweepstakes.
If you are eligible, you may enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period in either of two ways:
- Via Instagram: By logging into your account on Instagram and posting from your public account an in-feed post (i.e., not an Instagram Story) that includes a Photo (a photograph of your clean-shaven face (or other eligible subject matter) and each of the Required Tags: @McDonalds and the hashtag #Shave4McRibSweepstakes (the "Entry Post"). Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any purported entry and/or disqualify you if you do not comply with these Official Rules or if you do not include all of the Required Tags when posting your Entry Post. Adding the Required Tags to a Photo previously posted on Instagram will not earn an entry in this Sweepstakes. Entries made via Instagram must comply with all applicable Instagram policies, including Instagram's Terms of Service.
- Via Twitter: By logging into your account on Twitter and tweeting from your public account a Tweet that includes a Photo of your clean-shaven face (or other eligible subject matter) and each of the Required Tags: @McDonalds and the hashtag #Shave4McRibSweepstakes (the "Entry Tweet"). Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any purported entry and/or disqualify you if you do not comply with these Official Rules or if you do not include all of the Required Tags when making your Entry Tweet. Entries made via Twitter must comply with all applicable Twitter policies, including Twitter's Rules.
Entry Photos may – but are not required to – depict a Participant's clean-shaven face.
Each Participant represents and warrants that all content contained in their Entry Post and/or Entry Tweet (collectively, the "Entry Content") will conform to the Entry Content Restrictions below in these Official Rules and violation of this representation and warranty may result in disqualification (in Sponsor's sole discretion). In addition, a Participant may be disqualified (and their entry may be deemed void) if, in Sponsor or its representative's sole discretion, either their Entry Content or any other publicly visible aspect of the Participant's Twitter and/or Instagram account (e.g., profile photo or information or prior Tweets/Posts) disparages, reflects poorly upon or otherwise adversely affects the goodwill and business reputation of the Sponsor or Uber Eats ("Uber Eats") or contains any content that is obscene, hateful, offensive, lewd or communicates any message inconsistent with the positive image with which Sponsor wishes to associate itself. If you do not agree to or comply with Twitter's and/or Instagram's policies, do not enter, provide any information on that service or otherwise use that service as it relates to the Sweepstakes. Entry Posts and Entry Tweets must be posted publicly and must remain visible to Sponsor and its representatives during the Entry Period and through award of the prizes to remain eligible. If a purported Entry Post or Entry Tweet is not visible to Sponsor or its representatives prior to award of the prizes for any reason (including, without limitation, a Participant having set his or her Instagram or Twitter account to "private" or the Entry Post or Entry Tweet having been "flagged" by Instagram or Twitter), that purported entry is invalid and the Participant may be disqualified by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Sponsor may, but will have no obligation to, review entries for compliance with these Official Rules prior to awarding the prizes. If an entry is determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be in violation of any restrictions and/or requirements of these Official Rules or applicable social media platform policies or terms, the entry may be deemed ineligible in Sponsor's sole discretion and Sponsor further reserves the right to take all actions that they deem necessary and appropriate to protect its rights. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what entries are eligible in the Sweepstakes. Submitted entries may not be acknowledged by Sponsor.
By submitting Entry Content, each Participant warrants that it is created solely by the Participant, and grants the Sweepstakes Entities the perpetual, unlimited and irrevocable right to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the Entry Content in any manner, for any purpose and in any media now known or hereinafter developed.
Sponsor is not responsible for variances or broadcast/publication delays or for misspellings, typographical errors or other issues that may affect the ability of Sponsor to locate a purported entry using a search to find eligible entries. importantParticipants are not required to "follow" McDonald's on Twitter or Instagram to enter, but Participants who enter via Twitter may not be able to receive Sponsor communications if they do not follow McDonald's accounts and will be asked to do so or to accept communications from Sponsor as part of the winner verification process in order for the Sponsor to communicate with the Participant privately to award a prize. Entry Content will not be judged or otherwise considered in selection of the winner (except that Sponsor may assess Entry Content to determine whether it complies with these Official Rules).end of important
importantLimit one entry per Participant and per social-media platform (for a maximum of two total entries per person – one on Twitter and one on Instagram).end of important Any subsequent entry(ies) will be disqualified and any person submitting purported entries in excess of the above-stated limit may be disqualified in Sponsor's sole discretion. A Twitter account or Instagram account can only be used by one person to participate in the Sweepstakes. The use of multiple Twitter and/or Instagram accounts to enter above the stated limit is specifically prohibited and may result in disqualification in Sponsor's sole discretion. Use of any robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or third-party entry method is prohibited, and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any Participant using such methods. Any waiver of any obligation, requirement or restriction hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Participants.
Entry Content Restrictions: Each Participant represents and warrants that the content of their Entry Content will not:
- include the name, trademark, logo, trade dress or identity of any brand (other than McDonald's and Uber Eats) or third party or advertise or promote any brand, product, or service of any kind (other than Sponsor's or Uber Eats');
- be sexually explicit or suggestive or profane;
- be derogatory or promote bigotry, racism, violence, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promote any form of discrimination whatsoever (including, but not limited to, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age);
- promote alcohol, drugs (illegal or otherwise), tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, offensive, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, Uber Eats, or other people, products or companies;
- feature or otherwise mention competitors of Sponsor or Uber Eats;
- include or identify any person other than Participant or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- violate any law or depict any violation of a law;
- contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
If a Participant's Entry Content is determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be in violation of any of the foregoing requirements, Sponsor may – in its sole discretion - deem that entry ineligible and disqualified from this Sweepstakes. Sponsor further reserves the right to take all actions that it deems necessary and appropriate to protect its rights.
importantEntry Content represents solely the views/opinions of the applicable Participant and does not reflect the views/opinions of the Sweepstakes Entities (defined below) in any manner.end of important
Winner Determination/Odds of Winning.
The first 10,000 entries received based on the time stamp assigned by Twitter and Instagram during the Entry Period that comply with these Official Rules will be winners.
In the event that multiple entries are received at the same time for the final unallocated prize(s) available to be won, all such entries will be entered into a random drawing that will be conducted by Sponsor's representative within approximately five business days of the close of the Entry Period. Sponsor's representative will randomly select potential winners for the number of unallocated prizes that remain available from among all such entries. (For example, if five Participants entered at the same time for the 9,999th prize, two winners will be selected from among those five Participants.) Entry into the random drawing will be the sole recourse available to any such Participant and no Sweepstakes Entity will have any further liability or responsibility to such Participant.
The odds of winning a prize in this Sweepstakes will be determined by the time of receipt of entries and the number of eligible entries posted.
Each potential winner will be notified as follows:
- If the potential winner entered via Twitter and is a follower of Sponsor's official Twitter account (@McDonalds) or otherwise allows @McDonalds to send them a direct message, Sponsor will send the user a direct message on Twitter on or around December 10, 2020, with a link to the prize claim form ("Prize Claim Form").
- If the potential winner entered via Twitter and is not already a McDonald's Twitter follower or does not have other settings enabled to receive direct messages from @McDonalds, they will be asked via a public message from Sponsor on Twitter on or about December 10, 2020, to follow the Sponsor's official Twitter account at @McDonalds within seventy-two hours. The potential winner then must follow the @McDonalds account by the deadline indicated in order to receive a direct message from Sponsor and continue the prize-claim process.
- If the potential winner entered via Instagram, Sponsor will post a public comment on the Entry Post on or around December 10, 2020. The comment will provide a link to the Prize Claim Form.
importantThe following applies to all potential winners, regardless of entry method:end of important
Once any potential winner is notified by Sponsor and provided the link to the Prize Claim Form, they must follow instructions from Sponsor to complete the online Prize Claim Form (including providing their complete name, email address and Instagram or Twitter username) importantno later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 21, 2020end of important, or they will forfeit the prize. After successful completion of the prize claim process, and confirmation by Sponsor, prize winner will receive their prize via email.
importantIt is the sole responsibility of each Participant to ensure that their privacy settings allow for Sponsor to contact them via direct message, including (for Participants who enter via Twitter) following Sponsor's official Twitter account (@McDonalds) upon request via public Tweet. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, and not award the prize to, any person who does not comply with the foregoing.end of important In the event a potential winner does not respond in the time noted by the Sponsor, or a prize delivery is returned or refused, that potential winner will be disqualified, forfeit the prize and the Sponsor will not notify an alternate winner, in which case that prize may go unawarded. In the event that Sponsor receives fewer eligible entries than there are available prizes in this Sweepstakes, Sponsor will award only as many prizes as there are eligible entries and any excess prizes will go unawarded.
Prize/Approximate Retail Value ("ARV").
10,000 Prizes: Each winner of a prize will receive a $15 Uber Eats Code redeemable for a free McRib (while supplies last or other item) via McDelivery.
importantCode expires January 31, 2021.end of important (McRib is available at participating locations through December 31, 2020, or while supplies last.) Customer is responsible for the cost of any order over the value of the Uber Eats Code. Code is redeemable only for purchases through Uber Eats. Code is redeemable in the Uber Eats app within the U.S. in cities where Uber Eats is available. Code must be applied before completing your order. Code may not be combined with any other offers or discounts. Prize winners may be required to create an Uber Eats account if they do not already have one (including agreeing to all terms applicable to Uber Eats users) and add a secondary payment method in order to use the code. The Sponsor, Uber Eats and the other Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost or stolen codes or unauthorized use. Delivery and similar service fees imposed by Uber Eats apply. See Uber Eats app for more details.
Total Number of prizes: 10,000; Total ARV of All Prizes: $150,000.
All expenses, fees, taxes and charges associated with prize acceptance and use not specified above as being part of the prize are solely the responsibility of the prize winner (or their parent or legal guardian if potential winner is an eligible minor). If won by an eligible minor, prize(s) may be awarded in the name of or to such minor's parent or legal guardian in Sponsor's sole discretion. If a potential winner is unable to accept a prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited in its entirety. Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned or assigned to any third person or entity. Prize can only be transferred if approved by Sponsor (which can withhold approval for any reason). Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute a prize for another prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including if a prize is not available. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Prize will only be delivered within the Territory.
Entry Conditions: Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor and/or the Sponsor's redemption center ("Redemption Center") shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to forge a Prize Claim Form or defraud Sponsor or any of the Sweepstakes Entities (defined below) in any way in connection with this Sweepstakes may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted under the law. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of a Participant who entered via Twitter or Instagram, the Participant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the email address associated with the Twitter or Instagram account from which the disputed entry was submitted, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria. Otherwise, the entry may be disqualified, and any potential prize won will be forfeited in Sponsor's sole discretion. A registered account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the applicable email address. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder.
General Release and Conditions of Participation.
Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay and misdirection of Prize Claim Form. Sponsor, the Redemption Center operator and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, local advertising cooperatives, website developers, digital/advertising/promotion agencies and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (individually and collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") are not responsible for:
- Entries that are incomplete, misdirected, late, lost, garbled, unintelligible, damaged, stolen whether caused by Participants, Twitter/Instagram, wireless carriers, Internet Service Providers ("ISP") or unauthorized human intervention;
- any damage to a Participant's or other person's computer system or digital device which is caused or occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming a Sweepstakes prize;
- technical difficulties or failures of any kind including, but not limited to, lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet, digital device or wireless carriers, websites or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes;
- miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, dropped, interrupted, lost, non-delivered or misdirected computer, telephone, digital device, email, mobile or cable transmissions or hardware, software, program or programming malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind including, but not limited to: malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in transmissions or connections, phone lines, network hardware or software, computers, equipment, programming errors, cable, satellite, cellular tower, or ISP or wireless carriers;
- any technical malfunctions, failures or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other errors in these Official Rules, any Sweepstakes advertisement or other materials or Prize Claim Form;
- any errors or failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, interruption of power, digital, mobile or technical in nature, or unauthorized human intervention;
- any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering or hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with, or utilized in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, entries that are submitted by automated computer programs or other illegitimate means; or
- the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information or the failure to capture or loss of any information (including as a result of any filtering or other action by the Twitter or Instagram's platform's functionality which prevents Sponsor from accessing entries).
Prize Claim Forms submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. importantBy participating in the Sweepstakes and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each Participant (and, if Participant is a minor, such minor's parent/legal guardian) hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, property damage, death and bodily injury (whether due to negligence or otherwise), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize.end of important Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim said prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each verified winner hereby agrees and grants Sponsor the right, but not the obligation, to the use of his or her name, Twitter/Instagram username, voice and likeness, along with his or her address (city and state) and any statements made by or attributed to such winner in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, in perpetuity and throughout the world for advertising, commercial and promotional purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes and other promotions without further compensation (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Sweepstakes Entities from any liability with respect thereto. importantCaution: any attempt to damage any online service or website or undermine the legitimate operations of the Sweepstakes may violate criminal and civil laws. If such an attempt is made, Sponsor may disqualify any Participant making such attempt and may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.end of important
Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and franchisees are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in Participant's email account, voicemail inbox or Twitter/Instagram account to receive messages. Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and franchisees are not responsible, and may disqualify a Participant, if Participant's Twitter/Instagram account, email address, telephone or other contact information does not work or is changed without Participant giving prior written notice to Sponsor.
- Disqualification: It is the Participant's sole responsibility to ensure that they have complied in full with all conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if they have not complied with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, the potential winner may be disqualified, and the prize forfeited. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated, third party or other automated or robotic entries, in whole or in part, will be accepted. Entries made by any individual or any entity other than the Participant and/or originating by any other mechanism, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription, notification and/or entering services, may be declared invalid and disqualified from this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Force Majeure/Printing and Production Errors: Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes materials in any way, if it determines in its sole discretion, that any Sweepstakes materials and/or Prize Claim Form reflect printing, production or other errors, or if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, changes to the functionality of the Twitter or Instagram platform, failures, malfunctions or errors (including, without limitation, viruses or other deleterious programs or materials, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper entry process or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made health epidemic or pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control, then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes. No more than the prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
- Invalidity: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. McDonald's restaurant employees or franchisees are not authorized to modify or amend these Official Rules.
- Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between Participant and the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Illinois including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's or jurisdiction's laws.
- Privacy: Except as otherwise contemplated in these Official Rules, Participants' contact information collected by Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes will be used by Sponsor in accordance with the McDonald's Privacy Statement found on the McDonald's website.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees that:
- any claim, dispute or controversy (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) Participant may have against any of the Sweepstakes Entities arising out of, relating to or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the awarding or redemption of the prize, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to JAMS's Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures ("Rules and Procedures");
- this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act ("FAA"), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16;
- the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by JAMS pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed to by the Participant and Sponsor;
- the arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the Participant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes;
- the arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law;
- there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis as Participant and Sponsor hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action; arbitration can thus decide only the Participant's and/or Sponsor's individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated;
- in the event that the administrative fees, arbitrator fees and filing fees associated with the arbitration exceed $250, Sponsor agrees to pay any such administrative, arbitrator and filing fees exceeding $250 on the Participant's behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant's fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and
- with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Finally, this arbitration provision is reciprocally binding on all parties, such that both Participant and Sponsor are required to arbitrate their claims against one another.
For more information on JAMS and/or JAMS Rules and Procedures, Participants may visit the JAMS Website.
Visit the Official Rules or mail a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope ("SASE") to: Shave 4 McRib® Sweepstakes Official Rules Request, P.O. Box 1132, Chicago, IL 60690. All requests must be received by March 1, 2021. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Limit one request per outer envelope.
To find out who won, mail a piece of paper with your first name, last name and email address to: Shave 4 McRib® Sweepstakes Official Winners List Request, P.O. Box 1132, Chicago, IL 60690. All requests must be received by March 1, 2021. The list will be available when the Sweepstakes officially ends, and the prizes have been awarded. Limit one request per outer envelope.
McDonald's USA, LLC, 110 N. Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607.
©2020 McDonald's All rights reserved.